POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Kaliedoscope : Re: Kaliedoscope Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaliedoscope
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Oct 2001 04:12:24
Message: <tsk7tt4qiffg8hq4quuvof1tr7u33r4n1s@4ax.com>
On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:22:06 -0500, "Michael Yecchh"
<som### [at] anywherecom> wrote:

>This is a very raw attempt at an animation form one new to POV and Moray.
>My version is 35M and a bit large for the group's server! so I compressed
>with WinMediaEncoder.  I'm not too happy with the slow start and would like
>to get it where it would loop smoothly.  Any suggestions?  Dealing with the
>soundtrack makes it more difficult I think.

Looks cool!

As for the suggestion, use a popular video format that can be opened
with something different from Microsoft Media Player. The latter is
really bad at looping (it doesn't prefetch the beginning when it gets
near the end, simple as that, why they haven't fixed it for years is a
mystery).

Try MPEG.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg